DreamCatchers Foundation Receives Fiesta Bowl Charities Grant to Empower & Engage Students Through Service to Seniors This is the first year that DreamCatchers Foundation has received funds from Fiesta Bowl Charities SCOTTSDALE, AZ – While facing unprecedented times due to the COVID-19 pandemic, DreamCatchers Foundation received a grant from Fiesta Bowl Charities that will immediately…
Fiesta Bowl Press Release
The DreamCatchers Kindness and Compassion Initiative
During the time of the COVID-19 pandemic, DreamCatchers aims to continue serving our vulnerable populations at risk. To do this, we have launched our “Kindness and Compassion” Initiative to help combat the current tide of social isolation facing the senior population.
The brunt of Covid-19 will be borne by the poor, elderly, and sick and it is up to us to ensure they are not left behind.Former US Surgeon General Vivek Murthy
This nationwide initiative invites individuals and communities everywhere to take part in creating a solution to help alleviate the impact of social isolation on senior well-being through one of two primary methods:
1. Virtual “Pen Pal” Program
an interactive technology-driven program involving virtual conversations and shared experiences between seniors and volunteers, in the form of a “pen-pal” exchange. Options to utilize video, email, or text.
2. Video (or physical ) Greeting Cards
videos or homemade cards created by volunteers to be sent to nursing homes, senior living, and assisted living facilities to increase outside interaction and entertainment for those in isolation.
Read Our Recent Newsletters:
- Fiesta Bowl Press ReleaseDreamCatchers Foundation Receives Fiesta Bowl Charities Grant to Empower & Engage Students Through Service to Seniors This is the first year that DreamCatchers Foundation has received funds from Fiesta Bowl Charities SCOTTSDALE, AZ – While facing unprecedented times due to the COVID-19 pandemic, DreamCatchers Foundation received a grant from Fiesta Bowl Charities that will immediately…
- Student Chapter Update – July 2020Whether you’re just starting a chapter, or continuing on this year, this email is critical for you to watch and read until the end. Please take a few minutes to watch the video below, then go through each action item so you don’t miss anything! Important Links & Action Items: 1. Sign Up for a Check-in Call 2. Please…
- Student Chapter Update – June 2020Kindness & Compassion Initiative Guidelines & Required Training for Dreams During COVID An Announcement from our partners at HOBY
- Hospice Partner Update – June 2020Hello DreamCatchers Students, Partners, and Board Members, So far, the past few months have been difficult to navigate with the pandemic and figuring out what we can and cannot do- as DreamCatchers and in our daily lives. On top of that, we’ve added in the challenge of navigating through one of the most historic times…
- Pre-Summer Important Updates – May 2020TLDR: Don’t forget to check out the things mentioned in the video below! Don’t miss this important interview! San Jose DreamCatchers Wonder what it’s like to grant a Dream during a pandemic? Check out this interview here with some of our awesome new chapter leaders. And get this: it was their FIRST Dream ever! Head…